Geomon101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategy File - Karma

4 posters

Go down

Strategy File - Karma Empty Strategy File - Karma

Post by Notorious P.U.G. Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Strategy File - Karma Karma

Karma is one of those Espers that is begging to become a top dueler. It has one of the best movesets available in the game and I’ll explain why. First, let’s look at a great moveset for Karma.

Meditate – 80% chance of aiming
Brainstorm – Recover 5 EP
Concentration – 30% chance to gain 2 EP when you attack
Cryokinesis – 30% chance of freezing
Persuasion – 15% increase on chance of negative effects
Fissure – 1.75x damage if petrified
Entomb – 75% chance of petrified

So now that we have our moveset picked out, let us look at why it is so great.

Karma starts from the top down. Entomb gives us a three out of four chance of stopping our opponent right in their tracks. On top of that, we have access to Persuasion. Now we can add an additional 15% to the top of that. Now, nine out of ten times, our opponent will be petrified.
I tend to stick with Fissure next due to the insane damage that is done with the correct trinket. The use of this move depends entirely on your opponent. If you are facing a switcher, do not bother wasting the EP on using Fissure because by itself it is not that great of a move. It is only in conjunction with Entomb that makes it great. Instead, proceed directly to Brainstorm and recover 5 EP. Right as your opponent is unpetrified, you will be able to hit them with a 90% chance of being repetrified.

If you decide to not use Fissure, you will have access to the Erosion passive, which will be of more use than the Concentration passive.
Currently I use the trinket “Resistant Scepter of Earth.” This gives me +27 Energy (to boost my Entomb and Fissure), +21 Resistance (to help protect me), and +34% Earth Damage (to further boost my Entomb and Fissure.)

The downside to Karma is its slow Speed. The key to beating a Karma is to switch while it either uses Brainstorm or Fissure. Before it can Entomb the next Geomon it will have to suffer from one attack of its new opponent.
Notorious P.U.G.
Notorious P.U.G.
Notorious

http://www.geomon101.com

Back to top Go down

Strategy File - Karma Empty karma comment

Post by edalk Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

i think that karma isnt usually used in duels because of it's slow speed. Once i found a peagsus that was lv49 443 so it was a good pegasus. The espers i had in my party were lv50 sakunam and 2 other low lv espers i was leveling up. I couldnt even get a hit on the peagasus and the pegasus got a lucky critical him on me so i had run. My point is that espers with low speed are not the best choice of esper in a duel, because many agents these days like to use fast espers like duma, harpy, gemini, pegasus, etc. so i think because of karma's low speed karma wouldnt be a good dueler unless you added a speed triket of some sort. (this is my first post, i came here because i like how you explain every thing! keep up the good work and Thank you!!!!! Smile
edalk
edalk
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Strategy File - Karma Empty Re: Strategy File - Karma

Post by Notorious P.U.G. Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 pm

I agree with the speed being a huge downfall. That's why the switching strategy works so well against Karma. Karma is probably best used at the end in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation where Karma can keep its opponent stunned.
Notorious P.U.G.
Notorious P.U.G.
Notorious

Back to top Go down

Strategy File - Karma Empty Answer

Post by edalk Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 pm

BUt wont the other people still go first? if they go first they'll have an advantage and might be able to paralyze you with emp or freeze you with absolute zero.
edalk
edalk
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Strategy File - Karma Empty i wanted to point out a strategy for people who dont know about it.

Post by edalk Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 pm

If you have an esper that can use the ultimate move tornado, then first send that esper out and use tornado, next you move another esper out to attack the esper you are facing. (even though you are taking an extra hit, you can have a really good ability defending strategy.) after defeating the esper you were facing or if the opponent switches espers with an esper with full ep or enough ep to use an ability on you that might cause a lot of damage, then right after the opponent sends a new esper switch to a tornado using esper so you can take no damage and if that's an ultimate move then you've just made your opponent lose their ep. note: the only bad part is that your opponent can get an extra hit on you every time you do this. so when you switch from a tornado using esper to an another esper try switching to an esper with high defense because most of the time your opponent will attack you since then cant you an ability on you. i hope this strategy might help you. Smile
edalk
edalk
Pegasus
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritolibero Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 pm

I believe this is a good alpha-killing strategy... I use Karma to kill pretty much any alpha and it works quite well, but it's speed is indeed a great downfall in a duel battle! T_T @edalk: do you think that strategy could also work with amnesia?
spiritolibero
spiritolibero
Toco
Toco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogfetchaweirdo Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 am

Just going go out on a limp here i found a reall good strategy for a capri say if u want it

Dogfetchaweirdo
Varg
Varg

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious P.U.G. Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Dogfetchaweirdo wrote:Just going go out on a limp here i found a reall good strategy for a capri say if u want it

Sure, write something up and create a thread if you think you've got something good.
Notorious P.U.G.
Notorious P.U.G.
Notorious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down